SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2016 – 1 PM
Toronto Association of the Deaf is calling for a special meeting (sections 5.1, 5.2 and 6.1) for the purpose of a electing the 2017 board of directors.
The meeting is scheduled for t 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 12, 2016 at:
The Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf
Sunroom 1 and 2
2395 Bayview Avenue, Toronto ON
The slate of new Directors described below:
- Leads the association during absence or inability of the President
- Assist with questions pertaining to the bylaws and parliamentary procedure
- Give advice in such matters the Board or members of the Association meeting.
- In charge of vested funds of the Association.
- Keep full and accurate accounts of all receipts and disbursements of the Association in proper books of account and shall deposit all moneys or other valuable effects
- Ex officio clerk of the Board of Directors.
- Attend all meetings and record all facts and minutes of all proceedings and make them available to the Board of Directors and members of the Association.
- Conduct the general correspondence of the Association and maintain all papers, records, correspondence, contracts and other documents belonging to the Association.
- Membership Director
- Shall record and keep a file showing names of members, their addresses, and dues renewal dates and maintain an up-to-date list of members in good standing
- Social Director
- Responsible for overseeing the social events of the Association and any social committee that may be established by the members of the Association.
- Sports Director
- Association’s chief spokesperson in sports in where members are participants and representing the Association
- attend meetings of such sports associations the Association may be affiliated with
- Two Directors at large
- Assign to special projects and committees as determined by the Board of Directors
Steve Burrows will fulfill his term as President of the Toronto Association of the Deaf throughout 2017.
If you are interested in becoming a Director and/or Officer of TAD, please complete the Nomination Form and send it to Gordon Ryall, Secretary, TAD, 736 Bermuda Avenue, Oshawa ON L1J 6A8 or email a copy to Gordon.Ryall@gmail.com NO LATER than November 10, 2016.
Released – October 25, 2016